[Note: We may make a small commission when a purchase is made. There is no additional cost to you. This helps us bring you the latest information.]
“If you spend your time, worth $20-$25 per hour, doing something that someone else will do for $10 per hour, it’s simply a poor use of resources.”
~ Ferriss, Timothy. The 4- Hour Workweek
Have you heard of “The 4-Hour Workweek?”
It’s an over 400-page book from Tim Ferris explaining how the “New Rich” is entrepreneurs and small business owners being more productive by making the right decisions.
One of these decisions is to hand off their daily mundane tasks to lower-paid resources. Thereby freeing the entrepreneur up to build better customer relationships and grow their business.
The New Rich are having virtual assistants do as much of their day-to-day work as possible.
Examples of VA work: content creation, newsletters, email campaigns, graphic design, WordPress development, website development, customer support, data entry, and more.
The duration of work can last anywhere from a couple of hours to full-time.
Why do the New Rich do this?
This allows the New Rich to:
- Have more time and energy for the family outside of work.
- Have more time to create new products and services.
- Have more time to manage the business and not be working IN the business.
- Have time to study the competition and compete at a higher level.
“People can’t believe that most of the ultra-successful companies in the world do not manufacture their own products, answer their own phones, ship their own products, or service their own customers.”
~ Ferriss, Timothy. The 4-Hour Workweek
How do you join the New Rich?
By taking the initiative to offload as much of your daily tasks as possible:
Make a list of all your day-to-day activities.
Mark the tasks that can be done by someone offsite.
Group the tasks by the abilities needed to complete the tasks.
Where do the New Rich go to find the best Virtual Assistants?
A Virtual Assistant Service that:
- Provides many highly educated VA’s.
- Provides workers proficient in English.
- Checks references and tests the applicants before you see them.
- Does not charge a commission on every dollar passing through it.
- Only charges a minimal finders fee to start with a VA and nothing after that.
- Provides a money-back guarantee.
Here at ProspectorPanda.com, we use OnlineJobs.ph. Here, professionals from the Philippines list their profiles, expertise, and suggested hourly rate. When developing the needs of the project, the employee and the employer discuss the project requirements and time commitments and pay to come to a mutual agreement.
OnlineJobs.ph uses an “ID Proof” score. This score assures those who are looking at the profiles that the employee is who they say they are. The ID Proof score ranges from 0 to 100, with 100 being the best. The score is calculated based on dozens of data points. It’s intended to help employers know who they’re talking to is real, and not a fake identity.
The service only charges a finder’s fee (initial monthly fee to access service), not an ongoing 20% fee for every transaction made like other services out there.
Once you’ve found the resources you need and you’re up and running, you can cancel the monthly fee with OnlineJobs.ph.
The Wage Differentials Between Countries
When searching for virtual assistants in other countries, you’ll notice the wage differentials between the different countries. This is because of the “cost of living” in that country. For example, the cost of living in the Philippines is much lower than in the United States, so the hourly rate is lower in the Philippines than in the United States.
This can create a win-win situation for both parties. The US business saves money when hiring a professional and the person in the Philippines can have more opportunities for work outside of their country at a decent pay rate.
How To Hire A Virtual Assistant In The Philippines
As talked about earlier, the sequence is:
- List all the tasks required to run your business. Examples: Website development/maintenance, research, graphic design, content creation, social media management, customer support, etc.
- Determine what tasks could be done by a remote worker.
- Select a well-defined task.
- Access the OnlineJobs.ph portal and create a project where you explain what’s needed.
- Make the project available for VA’s to bid on or find and select your own VA’s to reach out to.
- Accept an applicant.
- Define the project in more detail and negotiate on how much is being paid, how it’s being paid, and when.
- Start and complete the project – determine what works well and what does not.
If the project duration is longer than a week, create milestones and reviews.
Repeat the process for your other tasks.
“Being overwhelmed is often as unproductive as doing nothing, and is far more unpleasant. Being selective—doing less—is the path of the productive.”
– Ferriss, Timothy. The 4-Hour Workweek
It’s worth your time to take a look at OnlineJobs.ph and get professional support for your business. Whether it’s an hour a week or full-time, you’ve got options.